Sunday 19 June 2011

A Flimsy message

Hi all,
Rachael here.
I'm going to be putting Flimsy on hiatus for a little while, around three months probably.
I need to work on a few projects and also my new website. I do love Flimsy dearly though so I really do intend to bring her back again :) I think she might just need a little rest after reaching 1000 days. (Translation: my cat-drawing hand hurts?)

Please do keep checking back, and feel free to say hello to her here: flimsy(at)rachaelsmith.org

Meanwhile, I'd love for you to take the odd look at what other illustration adventures I'm having over at my other blog: http://rachaelsmithillustration.blogspot.com/

I love you all,
Thanks for supporting Flimsy all this time, and thanks doubly to all those who sent in pictures for her 1000 celebration, it was magical.

Cuddles,
Rachael xxxxx


7 comments:

Offbeat Follies said...

Understandable! Reaching 100 Flimsy's is amazing and I am looking forward to signing up to follow your main illustration blog :D

Dyko said...

Flimsy will be missed! I think she deserves a break for a bit, as I know she'll be back more awesome than ever (also, since I was pretty late onto the Flimsy scene, there are still like 800+ that I can look through for a pick-me-up haha.

Definitely following your main blog!

Geom said...

I'll look forward to Flimsy coming back, in the meantime I'm gonna check out your other blog :)

Kal said...

OKAY. I hope you do come back because I have been totally enjoying your singular vision for an hour now. This blog is brilliant in all the right ways. It should be a book, then a movie. Then a line of playsets. Nice work.

Kal said...

This is posted at http://calvinscanadiancaveofcool.blogspot.com/

"I was goofing around online the other day and found this great blog about a little purple cat named Flimsy. For 1000 posts the creator, Rachel Smith, found something to say and draw about this character. Blogs like this, that have a vision behind them, are my most favorite blogs to read. I will be reposting many many a flimsy in the years to come so deal with it. Long live Flimsy!

KittyMeeks said...

I miss Flimsy :( may we have a monthly new flimsy maybe?! ;) xx

Anonymous said...

Has it been 3 months yet?